I think I have found a new favorite way to eat summer squash and zucchini, which are always so cheap during the summer! My inspiration for this recipe came from Annie's Eats, but I've mixed it up a bit to meet my taste preferences and our veggie supply :) Oh, ps. they're sooo pretty too!
Pretty Pretty Veggies
1 Large Vidalia onions
2-3 cloves garlic
2 Summer squash
2 medium potatoes
1. Slice the onion and mince the garlic. Sautee these in about 2 T of butter. You want these to be soft and translucent. Once done, spread into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.
2. Microwave the potatoes just 1-2 minutes. I didn't do this and mine were still a LITTLE crunchy. Then you want to slice them into 1/4 inch slices.
3. Slice both the zucchini and summer squash the same 1/4 inch. Slice these on a diagonal so they are close to the same size as the potatoes are.
4. Layer these into your 9x13 pan on top of the onions. Top with salt, pepper, and thyme.
5. Bake at 375 til the veggies are tender, about 30 minutes. Take out and top with grated Parmesan. Place back in the oven til the cheese is nice and melted.