Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Coconut Cake

This is one I could not pass up. When I ran across this recipe at Soloman Family Recipes, I knew I had to try it. If you have ever tried Coconut Cream you will know why. It is very rich and moist with the coconut cream infusing the cake, so if you don't like coconut, this is not your recipe. It kind of reminds me of one of my favorite cakes that my best friend growing up's mom use to make, if you put the crushed pineapple on it, it would be pretty close to it. I might just have to try that next time. This cake is wonderful and I hope you enjoy it.


1 Duncan Hines Coconut Supreme Cake Mix, prepared as directed on box
150z. can Cream of Coconut (found near your Margarita mixes on the drink isle)
12 oz. Cool whip or real whipped topping
Sweetened flaked coconut

Directions
Bake cake as directed in a 9x13 pan. While the cake is still hot, poke holes in it and pour cream of coconut over cake. Let Cool completely. Spread on whipped topping and sprinkle with flaked coconut. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.

To add another dimension, try adding crushed pineapple to the top of the cake, and then spreading the whipped cream on and topping with the coconut, it makes for a tropical delight!

1 comment:

Tina Butler said...

My favorite cake is a coconut cake. I am adding you to my bloggy roll.