We ate these delicious pancakes this morning and they're a new favorite! I found it here on All Recipes. Below are the changes I made, and I'll make it this way in the future:
*I didn't blend the oats, I just used a cup of quick oats. *I didn't have powdered milk, so I used ground flax seed instead. *I added some cinnamon to the mix. *The picture shows blueberries...I didn't use any but I think next time I will! *I may also try using only whole wheat flour next time.
- 1 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 banana, mashed
- Place the rolled oats into the jar of a blender and blend until the texture resembles coarse flour. Whisk together the blended oats, whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, brown sugar, dry milk powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- Whisk together the egg, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Stir in the mashed banana. Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Let the batter stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium-high heat. Drop batter by large spoonfuls onto the griddle, and cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry, about 2 minutes. Flip, and cook until browned on the other side. Repeat with remaining batter.