Search This Blog

Monday, May 3, 2010

Mom's Sugar Cookies

These are my favorite all time sugar cookies! They are my mom's recipe, and what I love about them is the hint of almond. When my mom makes them she usually adds some almond extract to the frosting as well, and I must say some of my fondest memories around different holidays was making these, cutting them out, and decorating them with candy.


1 C. Margarine
1 1/2 C. Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 tsp. Almond Extract
4 C. flour
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking Powder
4 Tbsp. Milk

Cream sugar and margarine, then add eggs and flavorings. Add the dry ingredients next followed by the milk. Chill mixture in refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Roll dough out to 1/4-1/2 inch thickness according to your desired thickness, and cut cookies out into shapes. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. Makes 4 dozen

No comments: