Search This Blog

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hearty Chili

Our ward had a chili cook off for our Chirstmas Party. I tried a new recipe and had several compliments from friends. My hubby and oldest son told me I could never use my old recipe again, this was now IT. So I whipped it up again last night for dinner and they agreed it's fabulous.

1 pound ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped red or green pepper
1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (30 oz) can dark red kidney beans
1 (15 oz) can chili
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 cloves garlic minced, or 1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup ketchup

Brown beef in large pan. Add onion and peppers and cook until tender. Add remaining ingredients over low heat for at least 1 hour (you can put in a crock-pot at this point to simmer all day on low) Garnish with shredded cheese and sour cream, serve with tortilla chips.

No comments: