Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Tortellini Soup


  • Guess what's in my crockpot as I type, this lovely little recipe! I originally found it over at a spoonful.com but have tweaked it to make it my own. My kids love it, especially when I use the celery not the zucchini. It's quick, simple and a healthy recipe! Enjoy.

  • 1 lb Italian turkey sausage browned
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 small zucchini, diced or 1 cup celery sliced
  • 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
  • 5 1/2 cups chicken stock
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil (more if fresh)
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 16 oz can diced tomatoes
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 8 to 9 ounces fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
  • Black pepper, to taste
  • Shredded cheese to garnish

  • Brown sausage in pan on stove top. Put sausage, onion, zucchini, carrot, tomatoes, stock, basil, bay leaf  and salt in crock pot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours. Add tortellini 30 minutes before serving. Dish up and top with shredded cheese.  

No comments: