Search This Blog

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Copycat Cafe Rio Black Beans

So for my black beans I usually use canned black beans, but since I got my instapot I have been doing more dry beans since it makes it so quick to prepare dry beans to fully cooked.  These are amazing when paired with the rest of our Cafe Rio copycat recipes.  Give them all a try, you won't be disappointed.


2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/3 c. tomato juice
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro

In a nonstick skillet, cook garlic and cumin in olive oil over medium heat until you can smell it. Add beans, tomato juice, and salt. Continually stir until heated through. Just before serving stir in the cilantro.

If you care cooking your beans this is how I do it in the instapot or other cooking method.  I saute the garlic with olive oil in the bottom of my instapot while I prepare the rest of the ingredients.  I soak the beans overnight or at least for an hour or so that morning.  Then add the black beans, cumin, tomato juice, salt and 2 quarts of chicken stock to your instapot, close it and pressure cook them for 40 minutes.  For firmer beans use the quick release, valve on pressure cooker for softer beans let them gradually release the steam.  

No comments: