Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Banana Bread

This recipe is my Mom's, and my favorite Banana Bread Recipe. I actually made this today, since my freezer was overflowing with frozen Banana's. When ever I have brown Banana's I just throw them into my freezer until I'm ready to make my Banana Bread, then I pull them out, microwave them to defrost them and then they are ready for bread making.


2/3 C. Sugar
1/3 C. Shortening
1 C. Mashed Bananas (I usually add more than this)
2 Eggs

1 3/4 C. Flour
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 C. Chopped Walnuts (optional)

Cream the sugar and shortening, then add the eggs and bananas and mix well. Then add in the dry ingredients and mix well. Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hours.

Makes: 1 loaf

No comments: