Search This Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Parmesan & Garlic Linguini

I ran across this awesome blog when I discovered the Lemon Crinkle Cookies I posted a few days ago and this recipe immediately caught my eye because of how easy it seemed and how simple it was. Last night I needed a quick fix for dinner and so I whipped up this amazing dish. It was definitely fast and easy, I sliced some chicken and cooked it up and tossed it in with the pasta. The best way to describe how good it was is to say my BIL was scraping the bottom of the pan once the dish was long gone to get "a little more". It was so easy, and yet it was so rich and amazing in flavor. I added quite a bit more garlic than is called for since we are big garlic lovers, but otherwise it is perfect the way it is. I hope you enjoy this simple but amazing meal.


Ingredients:
1/2 pound linguine pasta
2 tablespoons salted butter
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 clove garlic, finely minced {I used a microplane}
lots of salt & pepper, to taste
1/2 cup reserved cooking liquid from pasta
3/4 cup freshly grated parmigiano reggiano {use the real stuff!}
fresh parsley, for garnish {optional}

Directions:
Bring large pot of water up to boil. Sprinkle in a generous amount of salt and stir in pasta. Cook linguine until al dente and drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Place linguine back into hot pot and stir in butter, cream, garlic, salt, pepper and cheese until butter and cheese start to melt and create a sauce. Pour in some pasta water to get the sauce to the consistency you want. {I only used about 3 tablespoons.} Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly. Pour onto serving platter and top with fresh parsley and more grated cheese.

No comments: