My mom shared this with me stating it was the hit of the Party she was at last night. Thought we should share the yummy goodness with everyone. Hope you Enjoy it!
Ingredients for the Cake:
1 box dark chocolate fudge cake mix (Duncan Hines)
1 pkg. chocolate pudding mix 3.4 ounces, instant
½ cup water
½ cup vegetable oil
1 cup sour cream
4 large eggs
1 ½ cups Andes mints (you can find the Andes baking chips in the baking section)
For the Mint Frosting:
4 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
8 tablespoons butter, softened
½ teaspoon peppermint extract
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
2 drops green food coloring
For the Chocolate Glaze:
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray Bundt pan with vegetable oil spray, then lightly coat with flour. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of your mixer, combine cake mix, pudding mix, water, vegetable oil, sour cream and eggs. Beat on low speed until just combined. Then beat for 3 minutes. Fold in chopped mints until combined.
3. Spoon batter into prepared Bundt pan. Spread evenly, bake for about 50 minutes, until cake is set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
4. Let cake cool in pan for about 15 minutes, then very carefully turn onto a wire rack to continue cooling.
For the Frosting:
1. In the bowl of your mixer, beat cream cheese, butter and peppermint extract on medium speed until smooth.
2. Add powdered sugar and beat on medium low until combined.
3. Add milk and food coloring and increase mixer speed to high. Beat for one minute, until smooth.
4. Spoon frosting around the top of the Bundt cake, then spread with an offset spatula.
5. Place cake in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes.
For the Glaze:
1. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave until smooth. (You may need to add a little vegetable oil if too thin it)
2. Drizzle over cooled frosted cake, top with additional chopped mints, if desired.