Search This Blog

Monday, March 1, 2010

Oats'n Wheat Pancakes

I found these on a health blog and thought I would try them. I don't usually bake with whole wheat flour, but am going to try to do so more often. My kids do not like anything wheat, especially bread, but they love pancakes. I thought I would give these a try and see if they would eat them. Not only did they eat them, they loved them! I always add chocolate chips to their pancakes.

Oats 'n Wheat Pancakes

1 1/2 cups whole wheat
1/2 cup white flour (I omitted the white flour and used 1/2 c. wheat in its place)
1 cup oats (I blended my oats, although the recipe did not say)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup brown sugar

mix these first ingredients together in a bowl then add:
2 eggs
1/4 cup oil
2 cups milk

Mix in remainder, let the mix sit in the refrigerator about 10-15 min. to set. (this gives your pancakes fluffiness)

A double recipe makes approximately 25-30 large pancakes.

No comments: