Search This Blog

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Garbage Hash

Don't let the name fool you! This is a recipe I can't take credit for, I believe I got it from my sister in law Jeni who stole it from a little restaurant called the Belgian Waffle. It is delicious!! It completely combines breakfast into something you can eat for dinner! My husband and son love it when I make this, and I'm sure your family will love it too!


1 pound bacon or sausage
6-12 eggs (depending on how much you like eggs)
1 Package Hashbrowns or Country Potatoes
8 ounces of mushrooms sliced
1/2 an onion shopped small
1/2 a green pepper cut small
1-2 cups shredded cheese

Cook bacon in a large skillet until crispy, then remove from pan leaving oil in pan. Place Hashbrowns in pan and cook until crispy as directed on bag. In a separate skillet scramble eggs until done. Once Hashbrowns are crispy stir in onions and mushrooms and cook until done, then stir in green peppers, eggs, and crumbled bacon. Top with grated cheese. Cook until cheese melts. You can also put skillet in oven to melt cheese and crisp up top if desired.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

John loves the stuff at the Beligium Waffle...we make our own version too!!!

carolee said...

We really liked this. Thanks for the recipe!