Search This Blog

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Asian Broccoli

I got this one from an e-mail I got from Kraft, I don't always love the stuff they send because most of it is made with so much processed food, but when I saw this, I immediately thought of my kids. My kids are broccoli factories these days, I can make a pan of Broccoli that I think will feed our family, and my 2 kids will chow down on it, I've been thru a whole large bag of frozen broccoli from costco already this week and its only Wednesday. Anyway, my kids loved this, and it was a nice way to change things up from plain old broccoli. I hope you enjoy it as much as my kids did!


4 cups Broccoli florets(either fresh or frozen)
1 Red Pepper cut into thin short strips
1/4 C. Peanuts chopped coarsely
1/4 C. Asian style dressing

In microwave or on stove top cook the broccoli and pepper until "crisp tender" meaning that they aren't soggy. I found that the either the microwave or in a slightly oiled pan works best to keep the veggies crisp. About a minute before the veggies are done add the dressing and cook with the dressing. Once done mix peanuts in with veggies and then serve.

No comments: