Search This Blog

Monday, January 26, 2009

Blondies

My husband loves...LOVES chocolate chip cookies, and tonight when he went to the gym I thought I"d make him some, but didn't have a ton of time. So I opened my Taste of Home cookbook and discovered these beauties! They were perfect, they whipped up quickly and cleaned up even faster. When he got home from the gym they were ready and he loved them. I of course added more choclate chips than it called for, because after all if a little chocolate is good... then a lot of chocolate is even better!


1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla just until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to brown sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yields: 3 dozen.

No comments: