This time of year you have to enjoy what's coming out of your garden. This is a simple yet delicious way to enjoy those sun ripened tomatoes, one of my favorite parts of summer.
* 4 large tomatoes or 4 cups cherry tomatoes
* 2 cups fresh mozzarella cheese
* 8-10 leaves fresh basil
* 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* salt and pepper
* 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar (optional)
1. Slice tomatoes and mozzarella cheese into bite size chunks. Loosely chop the basil.
2. Gently toss tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil in serving dish.
3. Drizzle with olive oil (and balsamic vinegar if desired).
4. Salt and pepper to taste.