Search This Blog

Friday, November 2, 2012

Snickerdoodles

My mom use to make this recipe growing up, and I always loved when she made these.  I use to love to help her roll them in the cinnamon/sugar mixture.  What a fun thing it was for me to make this now with my own children and let them be the ones to roll them in the cinnamon/sugar, they were delighted.  I love re-living childhood thru my own children, and these cookies were the perfect way to do that.  They are delicious and I hope you can re-live a moment of childhood thru making them as well.



1 C. shortening
1 1/2 C. sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 C. flour
2 tsp. cream of tarter
1 tsp soda
1/4 tsp. salt

Cream sugar, shortening & eggs. Sift in dry ingredients. Roll into walnut sized balls & then roll them in a mixture of 2 Tbsp. sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon.  Place them on a greased baking sheet and bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes

No comments: