Search This Blog

Friday, November 2, 2012

Special K Treats

This is another one of my mom's recipes from my childhood.  There is something about the recipes that you grow up.  I love that cooking for me is full of memories, there isn't a time I don't step into the kitchen and either make a memory with my kids, or am reminded of another time in life when I enjoyed a recipe that I'm making.   These are a quick and easy treat and a great go to recipe for those last minute parties or BBQ's when you need something to take.  I hope the become a staple in your family as they are in our family.


2 sticks margarine
1/4 c. brown sugar
3 cups mini marshmallows
3/4 c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
6 c. Special K
1 c. cashews-chopped

in a large pan over medium heat melt the margarine, then add the marshmallows. Once the marshmallows are melted add the sugar and stir until it is dissolved. Remove from heat and add vanilla, cereal & nuts. Press into a greased 9x13 pan, cool and cut into squares to serve.

No comments: