Search This Blog

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Gingerbread Cake

I can't take full credit for the recipe, as I got it from an old friend Kelly Hoffman, I will never forget when she served this to us, it was one of the most enjoyable desserts I have ever had. the flavors were amazing. I love the spices, the texture, and everything about it. It was warm when we ate it, and with the fresh whipping cream on top, my mouth is watering already. I hope you enjoy this sometime this holiday season, it is a show stopper.




2 C. Flour
1/2 C. Sugar
2 tsp. Ground Ginger
2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 C. Molasses
1/2 C. Butter
3/4 C. Boiling Water
1 large Egg lightly beaten

Preheat oven to 350
Grease a 9" square pan

Combine Flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger until well blended

In a separate bowl combine Molasses, Butter and boiling water and stir until butter is melted. Then add Molasses mixture along with Egg to the flour mixture and whisk until smooth. With a rubber spatula scrape batter into prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 45-50 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack. Serve with fresh whipping cream while slightly warm.

No comments: