Search This Blog

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Easy Bistro Chicken

This is adapted again from a kraft magazine. This is probably my favorite chicken dish. I think that the leftovers get better and better. Brad loves how the kitchen smells when I make this dish.

Prep Time:10 min Total Time: 32 min Makes:4 servings

4 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
1 -8 oz package of sliced fresh mushrooms
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can (15 oz.) stewed tomatoes, undrained
1/4 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
3 Tbsp. tomato paste
4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
1 cup Mozzarella Cheese

Cook bacon in
large nonstick skillet until cooked but not crunchy. Add mushrooms and onions; cook 5 min., stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes, dressing and tomato paste.

ADD chicken; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 12 min. or until chicken is cooked through.

SPRINKLE with cheese; simmer, uncovered, 5 min. or until cheese is melted.

I will usually add one more can of tomatoes and all of the tomato paste so that is more saucy. We serve it over fettuccine noodles, but it suggests that you could serve it over rice. I also like it when the chicken is cut up into cubes, it makes it cook faster and is easier for the kids to eat.


2 comments:

Cheryl said...

That sounds so yummy, i'll have to try that tonight maybe!

Sarah said...

Ok so I've been behind on the blogging world. What a cool blog. I love all these recipes. And the ones that are tried and true are always best. :)

So to Janelle on AI...Brooke is the other mormon. At her audition she said, something different about me is that I've never seen a rated R movie or drank or smoked. Funny, huh??