Search This Blog

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Green Chili Shredded Beef


Ok so this isn't really what the beef looked like, but I feel like I have to publish a picture to entice you all to make this. That being said, I think that I just made the tastiest meal I have ever made. The flavors just went together so well. It basically is similar to Cafe Rio's because I used the rice and beans recipe from them. Then I just kind of made up this shredded beef, and it was all so divine. You can eat it as a burrito, as a salad, or just plain, it is delicious.














1 - three pound rump roast
2 cans diced green chilies
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 sliced onion
1/2 c beef broth
1 T chili powder
season to taste

Put your defrosted roast in your crock pot. Dump in the chilies, onion, tomatoes, and beef broth. Let it cook on low all day, I would say at least 8 hours. You want to cook it until it is tender enough to flake apart. After I shredded it I added garlic salt, season salt, and chili powder and let it cook for a little bit longer. Serve with the cilantro lime rice and black beans and it is heaven. It makes a lot so either expect a lot of leftovers, or invite someone over to share.

No comments: