Search This Blog

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Easiest Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I had 1/2 a can of pumpkin left over from making Pumpkin Bread the other day and went online to try out some recipes I've been wanting to try for awhile. These are from pimp my dinner, they sounded easy and good. I added the Chocolate chips of course, and they turned out very light and oh so tasty. I didn't frost mine since I didin't have any O.J., but I am sure that element of orange would make it that much better, they also would be great with a maple frosting too. I hope you enjoy these!


1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 C. quick oats
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4. tsp. nutmeg
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
1 egg
2 Tbsp. oil
1/2 C. mini or regular chocolate chips (optional)

Frosting:
powdered sugar
orange juice (no/low pulp)

In a large bowl, mix cake mix, oats and spices. In a separate bowl mix pumpkin, egg and oil. Pour pumpkin mix into dry mix; add chocolate chips. Mix until just moistened. Drop onto lightly sprayed cookie sheets, large spoonfuls. Slightly flatten with spoon (they don't really spread, just puff up). Bake at 350 degrees for 20 mins. For frosting, mix with a mini rubber spatula sugar and orange juice until it gets to a frosting consistency. Make sure to use a tiny bit of orange juice at a time and add a little more as needed. Spread over cooled cookies.

No comments: