Search This Blog

Friday, November 7, 2008

Sesame Ginger Chicken

I tried this recipe with a few changes of my own from Pimp My Dinner last night with my family, and it really was delicious, very simple and quick what more could a mom ask for!



chicken breast- skinless boneless sliced
(as much as you will need to feed your family)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup orange juice
3 Tbsp chopped green onions
1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
4 garlic cloves minced
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
1 Tbsp Cornstarch (reserved )

mix together all ingredients together.
marinate the chicken for 30 minutes then remove the chicken, reserving marinade and adding the Tbsp of cornstarch to marinade. Cook chicken in non-stick skillet add small amount of sesame oil or vegetable oil, sauté for 5 minutes then add the marinade to the chicken and cook until done serve over rice.

I doubled the sauce and steamed some fresh veggies and ate the fresh veggies mixed in with the rice, and covered in sauce and Chicken. If you like a runny sauce then omit the cornstarch, but I like my sauce to stick to the meat, veggies and rice.

Serves: 4-6

No comments: