Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yogurt and Banana Spice Muffins

I found this recipe on the Picky Palate website. I tried them last week for dinner and my family LOVED them. They remind me of the yummy buttermilk spice muffins at Mimi's Cafe. I loved that there wasn't any oil or butter in them, but they were still very moist.


1 Spice Cake Mix
6 oz container low fat vanilla yogurt
2 eggs
2 medium overly ripe bananas, mashed with fork
¾ Cup water
2 Tablespoons powdered sugar for garnish if desired

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix cake mix, yogurt, eggs, bananas and water until well combined. Spoon batter into 24 traditional size muffin cups that have been lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 20-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from center of muffin.

2. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Garnish with powdered sugar if desired.

Makes 24 muffin

No comments: