Search This Blog

Monday, October 12, 2009

Green Goblins

When I saw this recipe on Gourmet Mom on the Go, I knew that I was going to have to make these for Halloween time with my kids and nephews. What a fun little idea to make little scarry goblins. It's a great way to let kids help and show their creative sides. I hope you have as much fun as I did.



Ingredients:
6 C. Kix Cereal
1 package marshmallows (about 40 large)
3 Tbs. butter or margarine
4 drops green food coloring
Wax Paper
Nonstick Cooking Spray
1 package circus peanuts (you need 2 per goblin)
1 can Pillsbury vanilla icing
assorted candies


Put Marshmallows and butter in large mirowave-safe bowl. Microwave on high power for 2 minutes. Stir and microwave 1 additional minute. Remove from microwave and stir in green food coloring.
Place Kix cereal into your cauldron...I mean large bowl... Pour marshmallow mixture over Kix and stir well. Let cool for 3-5 minutes.After mixture has cooled slightly but is still moldable, spray hands generously with cooking spray (otherwise you'll get VERY sticky!). Scoop out 3/4 C. of the mixture and shape into a firm ball. Place on wax paper to harden. After the Goblin Bodies are set (about 30 minutes), place on top of two Circus Peanut candies. Your Goblins are ready to decorate!

No comments: