Search This Blog

Friday, October 23, 2009

Pumpkin Pecan Fudge

The other day I was out with my kids enjoying the festivities of Halloween in our area, and we went into a quaint little candy shop where they had homemade fudge, and I saw a fudge that I'd never had before, Pumpkin Fudge with nuts. After trying a small piece I knew I had to find a recipe to duplicate it. This one comes pretty close. It is very rich, and super creamy. If you like pumpkin pie, you surely won't be disappointed with this fudge. I found this recipe at Annie's Eats, a cute little site I just discovered. This is divine,it just says fall to me, and I hope you enjoy it!



3 cups sugar

¾ cup unsalted butter, melted

2/3 cup evaporated milk

1 cup canned pumpkin puree

2 tbsp. corn syrup

2 ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice

9 oz. white chocolate, chopped

7 oz. jar marshmallow crème

1 cup Pecans or walnuts, chopped and toasted

1 tsp. vanilla extract


Directions:

Stir together first six ingredients in a 3 ½ – quart saucepan over medium-high heat and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer registers 234° (soft-ball stage).

Remove pan from heat; stir in remaining ingredients until well blended. Pour into a greased parchment or aluminum foil-lined 8-inch square pan. Let stand 2 hours or until completely cool; cut fudge into squares.

No comments: