Search This Blog

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Ice Cream Pumpkin Pie

I must admit I'm a sucker when it comes to anything pumpkin... I think that the flavors and smells that it creates in my house and mouth are to die for. This is a new twist on pumpkin pie, and it's super easy, and very delicious. Happy Pumpkin Season!!


1 quart butter pecan ice cream or similar flavor, softened
1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg
1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
1/2 cup chocolate ice cream topping, optional
Additional whipped cream

Spread ice cream into the crust; freeze for 2 hours or until firm. In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg; fold in whipped cream. Spread over ice cream. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before slicing. Drizzle with caramel ice cream topping. Drizzle with chocolate ice cream topping if desired. Dollop with whipped cream.

1 comment:

Michelle C said...

Hi all of you. I found this site from Dore and tonight was in the mood for something new, so I hopped on here and found some great recipes I'm excited to try. Your site is super cute and I love that you have pictures with your recipes. Thanks for taking the time to put them on here.
Michelle (Porter) (for those of you who I knew in HS:))