Found this yummy recipe on realsimple this past week and knew I needed to try it. It was super easy, and reminded me a little of eating pumpkin roll with the cream cheese frosting. I love, love, love the flavors of pumpkin and cream cheese, to me it has fall written all over it. I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 18.5-ounce box yellow cake mix (plus the ingredients called for in the package directions)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 8-ounce bars cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 24 pieces candy corn
- Heat oven to 350° F. Line two 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners. Prepare the cake mix as directed but with the following change: Add the pumpkin pie spice and substitute the can of pumpkin puree for the water called for in the package directions.
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin tins and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 18 to 22 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Spread on the cupcakes and top each with a piece of candy corn