Search This Blog

Monday, September 19, 2011

Jumbo Breakfast Cookies

When I saw this recipe on my sisters cucina a while back I knew that I would need to try them out, and now that school is back in session and we are constantly on the run I whipped up a big batch to use a breakfast on the go.  My kids love them and have asked every morning if we can have the breakfast cookies.  I am going to try to make them as a bar cookie so I can cut them up like granola bars.  I will have to let you know how that one goes.  Otherwise these are a good way to give your kids a healthy breakfast treat in the morning.  





1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 Tbsp vanilla
*Stir/Cream together*

Add:
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
4 cups bran flakes cereal
1/2 cup soft butter
1/4 cup water
1 egg, beaten
1 cup chocolate chips (milk, semi-sweet, peanut butter, vanilla, butterscotch)

"Whatever" mix-ins:
1 cup oats
1 cup craisins or raisins
1 cup coconut
1 cup nuts

***Mix very well! (Your hand will get tired!) Drop by rounded 1/2 cups or giant spoonful. Round into about a 2-inch ball and flatten on cookie sheet to 1/2 inch thick. Bake at 375 degrees for 13-15 minutes on ungreased cookie sheet.

No comments: