Search This Blog

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Oatmeal Fudge

This is another no bake cookie recipe that has been in our family for awhile.  My mom use to make these while we were growing up.  They use to call them Oatmeal fudge instead of no bake cookies which is what most of us know them as.  I love going back and finding recipes that have been used by my grandparents and my mother,  It makes me feel somehow connected, and like when I bake I take a step back in time to cook in my grandma's kitchen with her.  I love tried and true family recipes. 
This recipe is a little different than most no bake recipes as there is no peanut butter.  It's got coconut and nuts and oats to make it hearty. It's a fun trip down memory lane for me.




3 Tbsp Cocoa
2 C. Sugar
1/2 C. Milk
1/2 C. Shortening
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 C. Coconut
1/2 C. Chopped Nuts
3 C. Oatmeal

Combine Sugar, cocoa, milk, shortening, and salt in a pan and bring it to a boil. Then remove from heat. Add Oatmeal, nuts and coconut and mix until thick. Then drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper and let cool.

No comments: