Search This Blog

Friday, July 11, 2008

Market Street Au Gratin Potatoes


Market Street Au Gratin Potatoes

Ingredients:
3 large russet or baker potatoes, peeled and sliced thin (1/8")
1 1/2 cups smoked Gouda cheese, grated
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
salt and white pepper to taste (approximate 1/2 tsp. each)

Method:
Slice potatoes. Do not rinse! Mix sliced potatoes in a bowl with whpping cream, salt, pepper and cheese until everythng is incorporated.

Layer in a 9"x13" baking dish no more than 1" thick. Cover with foil and bake for one hour at 350 degrees.

Serve piping hot!

2 comments:

Laura said...

These look yummy. I think I'll try them next week

Unknown said...

Was at Market Street Grill last night and had the au gratin potatoes for the first time... I could not get over how good it was... the best I had ever had. I asked the chef for the recipe, but because he was so busy, he could only write down the ingredients for me, but no measurements. So I searched the internet this morning to see if anyone had the proper amounts... and yours came close... and also because you stated it was "Market Street", I thought this was it. The only differences were that the salt was actually Aromat, and the pepper was white pepper.

Thank you so much for blogging this on the internet... I am excited to try it in my home... I hope it is just as good!