Search This Blog

Monday, July 14, 2008

Shrimp and Angel Hair Pasta


This is a classic I got out of the April '00 Cooking Light magazine. I hadn't made it for a couple of years. I had forgotten how good it is. I only used a pound of nice sized shrimp because I am cheap and it was plenty. I also used a few more olives. Seriously you can have this dinner on the table in about 10 minutes and it looks and tastes like you spent all day.

Ingredients
Cooking spray
2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 cups chopped plum tomato (about 3/4 pound)
1 1/2 cups sliced green onions
1/2 cup sliced ripe olive
2 teaspoons dried dill
1 garlic clove, minced
4 cups hot cooked angel hair (about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)
1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese

Preparation: Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in tomato and next 4 ingredients (tomato through garlic); cook 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Combine shrimp mixture, pasta, and cheese in a large bowl; toss well.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Sounds so light and yummy! I can't wait to try it!