Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Warm White Chocolate Ganache and Frozen Berries

I must admit I borrowed this from a recipe blog that I read that is done by a girl who actually went to culinary cooking school. I love to watch how she creates without an actual recipe, just adding a little of this or that, anyway that is beside the point, when I saw this post on her blog today it looked so divine that I knew I had to post it and share it with all of you. It sounds so yummy I want to try it tonight!


So simple, yet so divine. I saw Ina Garten make this on Barefoot Contessa a long time ago and it just popped into my head. I wanted something summery and easy for me to prepare. I made a simple white chocolate ganache using 1 c half and half (cream will also do, this is just what I had) and a 12 oz. bag of white chocolate chips. Next time I'll probably only use 1/2 c of liquid making it thicker, but it worked fine. Place both ingredients over a double boiler whisking until it becomes smooth. Make sure the water is only at a simmer, not a rolling boil. White Chocolate is very sensitive. Once all the chocolate is melted, take off the heat and add a little vanilla if you'd like, though it doesn't need it. Place frozen berries of your choice in your serving bowls. We used raspberries and blueberries. Drizzle the warm ganache over the berries and serve immediately. I wanted a little crunch so I sprinkled a little granola on top.

I imagine it would also work well over fresh berries, or just about anything else you wanted.

No comments: